Invisalign Clear Aligners
in West Vancouver
Professional dentists provide trays that are changed incrementally. They differ from the previous ones, moving the teeth closer until they achieve the desired result. They are the perfect choice for those with greater aesthetic demands. Plus, they are removable, easy to manage, and comfortable.
Why Choose Invisalign?
Invisalign is made using SmartTrack material. Each aligner is trimmed to the gum line for complete comfort and a seamless appearance. Since the material is transparent, no one will notice you are wearing them.
Invisalign can be removed quickly for drinking, flossing, and eating. When brushing, there are no brackets or wires that you must clean around. Furthermore, results are up to 50% faster for Invisalign than traditional metal braces.
If you are wondering whether Invisalign is right for you, you should know these aligners can treat the following conditions:
- Crowded Teeth: Crowded teeth occur when there isn’t enough room in the jaw to fit teeth normally. As a result, teeth overlap, bunch up, and twist. Some may push forward or backward on the gum line.
- Overbite: Your upper front teeth overlap with the bottom front teeth outside a normal range.
- Underbite: The mouth is closed with the lower front teeth in front of the upper teeth. Underbites tend to be an issue with the lower jaw being too forward.
- Crossbite: A crossbite exists when the mouth is closed, and some upper teeth sit inside the lower teeth instead of residing outside the lower teeth.
- Gap Teeth: Gap teeth exist when there is extra space between two plus teeth. It can also be referred to as spacing issues.
- Open Bite: Open bites occur when upper and lower teeth do not touch when you close your mouth.
Get Invisalign Braces at Caulfeild Dental in West Vancouver
Invisalign works in several ways to strengthen your teeth. The first step is making an appointment with one of our Invisalign dentists. An iTero Element scanner is used to create a quick and precise 3D digital scan of your teeth. Then, our dentists can establish a custom treatment plan designed specifically for your situation.
The second step is divided into three components. See below:
- Wearing the aligners: After the first set is picked up, the dentist will examine your smile to ensure it fits properly and meets our standards.
- Attending regular appointments: Face-to-face appointments are scheduled every two weeks so our dentists can examine your progress and provide the next set of aligners.
- Enjoying an uninterrupted routine: With Invisalign, you can maintain a routine. Brush and floss as you normally would. Also, remove the teeth when you eat. The aligners are completely transparent and fit well. That way, no one can tell you are wearing them.
Depending on the complexity, treatments may extend by six months. However, results can be seen in as little as a few weeks.
Once treatment is completed, your smile is kept in place using a vivera retainer. This retainer is clear, custom-made, and twice as durable as other retainers. It is also 30% stronger.
Is Invisalign Right for You?
There are some things to consider before investing in Invisalign treatment. These factors include:
- Treatments only fix specific issues with alignment. It corrects overcrowding, gapped teeth, overbites, underbites, and crossbites. However, if there are other issues, your dentist may recommend traditional methods.
- Invisalign isn’t always cheap, as the price of technology can be an obstacle for those with no dental or limited coverage.
- Treatment is effective if you are committed to following it through. The aligners need to be worn 22 hours daily for the best results. For some people, this may not be feasible, yet the success of the treatment depends on this.
- With teens, you must ensure they will always wear them. Since they are removable, there may be a temptation to remove them. Taking them out for extended periods delays progress. Furthermore, they can be easily lost or thrown out, requiring replacements.
While investing in this type of treatment appears to be a no-brainer on the surface, you need to be realistic about whether this is something you can maintain. The success of the aligners depends on it.
The Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign is customized for your smile. Dentists can use an outcome simulator to map your path to a perfect smile down to a minor shift. The 3D images provided by the iTero and ClinCheck software provide visual references allowing for a customized treatment.
Mapping software provides an algorithm for the perfect force needed to move teeth into position. Furthermore, the aligners are consistent. The software, combined with a dentist’s expertise, ensures each tooth moves in the correct order and with the proper timing.
SmartForce Attachments provide a gentle force, pushing the teeth back into proper alignment. They are tiny, tooth-coloured shapes attaching to the teeth before/during treatment. Simply put, they are like handles providing aligners something to push on.
For overbites, precision wings can transform your smile. This is a mandibular advancement feature, which corrects overbites while strengthening your teeth. Precision wings move the lower jaw into place, improving the appearance of the chin and the bite.
Once completed, to maintain the health and appearance of your smile, you must have a good oral care routine. This may involve wearing a retainer during the nighttime, for instance. Retainers ensure results remain permanent as teeth can shift.
Regular dental check-ups are scheduled during and after treatment. It ensures that there aren’t any issues like cavities or other concerns. If you consider having wisdom teeth removed, it can be done before or after treatment.
Book an Appointment for Invisalign in Vancouver
At Caulfeild Dental, we are backed by a team of qualified experts who are committed to your overall oral health. Our personalized services work with you to maintain a healthy smile. We make this possible by catering our services to your specific dental needs and educating you on good oral health.
If your smile requires dental treatment, our latest technology will give you precise results that check off your boxes. Investing in the most up-to-date equipment leaves little chance for error and faster results than any other method. We can provide accurate results and place you on a customized plan to get you better results in a fraction of the time without sacrificing quality.
You can easily find Caulfeild Dental at 5311 Headland Drive in West Vancouver. Located in Caulfeild Village Shopping Centre, we are just off Westport Road.
Does insurance cover Invisalign in Canada?
Most companies cover orthodontic treatments under dental insurance. Coverage for treatments like Invisalign is frequently reimbursed at 50% to the maximum amount. Before proceeding with treatment, you must consult your provider about your coverage.
Is Invisalign treatment painful?
Invisalign treatments are significantly less painful than wearing traditional braces.