Teeth Whitening Services
in West Vancouver
A bright, white smile is a sign of good health and hygiene; it can make you look younger and feel more confident. However, over time, teeth can become stained and discoloured due to various factors such as diet, medication, and lifestyle habits like smoking.
Teeth whitening services remove stains that build up on your teeth over time. Similarly, our teeth naturally lose their whiteness with age. As we grow older, our enamel wears down, exposing the yellow dentin below.
Teeth whitening creates a dramatically whiter smile. It also eliminates plaque, harmful bacteria, and the build-up of tartar from the teeth.
Why You Should Consider Teeth Whitening Treatment
As mentioned, teeth whitening services remove surface stains from the tooth that can dull your smile. Whitening treatments can make people appear younger by providing a brighter, whiter smile. People are drawn to radiant smiles, and studies show it’s considered a sign of attractiveness.
While in-home remedies abound, these methods likely won’t provide the results you’re looking for and may even damage your teeth. Professional teeth whitening treatments produce results quicker than home remedies, are considerably safer and will leave you with a dazzling smile.
Our Teeth Whitening
Service in West Vancouver
Professional teeth whitening services provide treatment in seven steps. These are:
- Checking Shade: First, we will record the shade of the teeth. This record provides a baseline as to what degree they can be whitened. It also determines the degree of whitening concentration.
- Cleaning/Polishing: A pumice polishes and cleans the teeth. Whitening agents best absorb on dry surfaces; therefore, a gauze pad may be inserted into the mouth. Cleaning also eliminates excess plaque before whitening. A retractor keeps the tongue, gums, and lips from contacting the whitening agent.
- Coating with Whitening Agents: A hydrogen peroxide solution coats the teeth. The front side is coated while leaving the back of the teeth untouched.
- Rinsing: The mouth is rinsed after half an hour. Rinsing the mouth and teeth eliminates solution residue. Dentists may additionally brush your teeth since fluoride treatments are the next step.
- Fluoride Treatment: Teeth are brushes using fluoride varnish. A fluoride varnish keeps the teeth shiny and sustains their whiteness. It eliminates extra plaque since this is a catalyst for tooth stains.
While there may be some sensitivity afterwards it should fade quickly.
The Benefits of Teeth
While there are numerous at-home tooth whitening systems, professional teeth whitening has benefits. These are:
- Improved Oral Care: Those receiving treatments take better care of their teeth. Seeing the effects provides an incentive to maintain the level of whiteness. Improvements made to dental hygiene result in a better overall routine.
- Professional Treatments Save Time: Over-the-counter products take weeks or months for results to occur, and even then, the results are often disappointing. Professional treatments show immediate results.
- In-Office Bleaches Last: In-home products don’t last and require maintenance. Without specialty treatments like Zoom Whitening, bleaching lasts four years without maintenance.
- Cost-Effective Treatments: While professional treatments may cost more up-front, money is saved in the long run. Since in-home methods require time for results and need consistent maintenance, costs increase. When you consider what you are paying, professional treatments cost less.
- Kills Bacteria: Since treatments remove stains on the outer tooth layer, it reduces plaque, bacteria, and tartar. Teeth are safer from tooth decay and gum disease.
After Teeth Whitening
How you take care of your teeth after treatment will determine its duration. The first day after treatment is essential. The rules that follow post-treatment involve the following:
- Avoid beverages causing dark stains, like red wine, coffee, fruit juice, beer, dark soda, and black tea.
- Do not smoke, including cigarettes and cigars
- Avoid consuming foods leaving dark stains, like cured meat, soy sauce, fruit or chocolate.
- Do not use coloured toothpaste/mouthwash
The general guideline is that if the product can stain a white shirt, it degrades a whitened tooth. Post-treatment foods must contain a non-acidic, soft texture and be light-coloured.
Prolong consuming foods that stain the teeth. These foods impact the duration of the treatment. If you return to previous habits, the whiteness may dull within three months. If you incorporate good practices, whitening should last for more than one year.
Ongoing care should include brushing with white toothpaste and water after eating/drinking. Brush, floss, and use mouthwash twice daily. Consider touch-ups at six-month intervals for best results if you consume dark beverages or smoke.
Book Teeth Whitening in Vancouver with Caulfield
Our team of experienced staff will assess the condition of your teeth and suggest whitening treatments. Our caring staff is there to ensure a healthy smile. We will discuss what is involved in treatments and how to care for your teeth post-treatment.
Since proper oral care is our primary concern, we will advise you on what looks natural, as many people want to go too white, which looks unnatural. Our goal is to provide a beautiful white smile that looks natural. We will also advise you on maintaining it as long as possible.
We provide expert services in whitening your teeth. Our staff uses the best products for tooth whitening that are entirely safe and provide the best results.
Caulfeild Dental is located in West Vancouver at 5311 Headland Drive. We also intersect Westport Road, located close to the Bank of Montreal and next to Iris Optometry.
Teeth Whitening FAQs
Does teeth whitening hurt?
No. The procedure is entirely comfortable. There may only be some initial sensitivity post-treatment, but it doesn’t last long.
Will whitening my teeth damage my enamel?
A professional whitening service will not damage the enamel. However, at-home treatments done excessively can harm teeth.